This Bread is B-A-N-A-N-A-S
I don’t know about you guys but I loveee a good banana bread and I’ve never made my own from scratch. The closest I’ve come to making my own was buying a box from the store that had one step; add water. I’ve recently decided I need to start making my own because we have a dusty Kitchen Aid mixer and I don’t feel that it gets used as much as we’d like. Plus most people like to go running, exercise or do other things to ‘get out of their head’ but I personally love to bake. Doing the dishes though, thats gonna be a no from me.
I’ve come up with the best, melt in your mouth banana bread recipe that you are going to LOVE. You will never buy a loaf of banana bread again! This bread is so moist and delicious my mom has requested I bring her a few loaves every time I visit. Honey Bun would love if he had loaves available at all times, too. So, sometimes I make mini loaves and freeze them, then he can defrost as needed. This recipe will yield one loaf but I always just double or triple all of the ingredients depending on the amount of loaves I’ll be making. Believe it or not, sometimes I’ll make five or six loaves, because mom and HB gotta eat, and they ain’t gonna share.
• 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
• ½ cup white sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1½ cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup of sour cream
• 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
• ½ cup Walnuts (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray a 9 inch loaf pan, set aside. Or grease a Cupcake type loaf pan for mini loafs.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, and sugars. Then add the eggs one and a time and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the butter mixture and stir to mix until just combined. Fold in the bananas and sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.