What the Hell Do I Eat?
What the hell do I eat? What are my macro percentages? How many calories am I allowed a day? And what food helps keep me on track. I’m about to tell you all of it!
Everyday is basically the same for me. I swear by 3 different meals and I rotate them depending on which is easiest to make post gym. Breakfast, I eat two sunny side up eggs with a splash of tabasco. Lunch, 3 turkey patties with a 1/2 C. Of Simple Truth Wild Rice with Quinoa and sometimes I add 1 C of fruit or a Persian cucumber with Tajin. Dinner, I love to have bell pepper nachos with pico, guac, lite shredded cheese, and ground beef.
I’m trying to burn fat right now before I can start really building muscle and toning. So, in order to do that I make sure that 45% of my intake for a day is protein, 35% is carb and 20% is fat. It’s hard to get to the 45% mark for protein some days so I use Whey Fortress Protein powder after a work out to help me hit that 45% target and help rebuild my muscles. FYI Your body digests and absorbs whey quicker than it does casein, allowing its component amino acids to rapidly reach your muscles. So, add whey protein to your shopping list.
According to my plan, which works well for me but may not work the same for you. I’m allowed to consume 1,310 calories a day in order to lose 2lbs a week. It doesn’t sound like a lot but it is. On a day where I work out (everyday) My Fitness Pal and Lose It apps both give me ‘extra’ calories. For instance, if I started with 1,310 for the day but now I’ve burned 500 cal on the elliptical, another 102 calories doing weights, and 282 calories walking 2 miles. Then the apps tell me I’ve earned 855 calories back that I can use to eat but the trick is, DONT USE those calories!!! You want to keep under your original calories because if you use those extra calories you’re really just breaking even and not going to lose any weight.
Now onto my food: These delicious little things I'd love to take credit for but they are a friend's mother-in-laws recipe. Best little patties I’ve ever had and you will not be disappointed. I even give them to 3myear olds and they get all their veggies and nutrients too!
- Ground Turkey (one pack, makes about 10 patties)
- Two big handfuls of spinach / parsley 3 stolks / 1/2 red onion / add to a food processor or blender to dice up nicely.
- Then Add all above ingredients to the meat
- Add 1 egg to keep all ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste. I use Garlic Salt.
- Mix all ingredients again and create patties.
- Use a skillet, cooks best with grape seed oil or avocado oil but olive is fine. I use avocado oil from Trader Joes
79 Calories per Pattie / 3.6 G Fat/ 0.9 G Carb / 9.3 G Protein/ 49MG Cholesterol/
Bell Pepper Nachos:
- 2 Table Spoons Pico (your choice of hotness level)
- 1 Large Bell pepper (your color choice) I prefer Yellow or Red
- 96% Lean ground beef (4oz)
- 1 Table Spoon Guacamole (I use Wholly Guacamole)
- 1 ounce Lite shredded cheese ( I use Trader Joes brand)
Place bell pepper pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with ground beef and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Top with salsa and guacamole and serve.
282 Calories / 10.6 G Fat / 11.5 G Carb / 34.1 G Protein
This is what I eat Monday-Friday no exception. Its been constant and it’s really whats helped me lose my weight along with constant exercise.
Feel free to use these recipes and let me know how you like them.
Xoxo - The Galloway Girl